Truman Medical Centers/University Health Supply Chain Services is committed to working with diverse suppliers. We recognize the competitive advantage that supplier diversity brings to our organization and the benefits derived from having diversity in the workplace, our customer base and most definitely our supply base.
Our Supplier Diversity Program strives to:
- Work to ensure that diverse suppliers, including small, minority-, LGBT-, women- and veteran-owned business enterprises are provided an opportunity to compete for business opportunities as a supplier or contractor for goods and services provided throughout the hospital system.
- Encourage second-tier spend reporting of our prime suppliers and seek a commitment to supplier diversity by providing opportunities to certified diverse businesses and reporting our progress.
Our program will assist small, minority-, women- and veteran-owned business enterprises through:
- Training and education: Offering training and support on doing business with Truman Medical Centers/University Health.
- Tracking: Monitoring and reporting progress in achieving targeted goals.
- Certification: Encouraging suppliers to obtain certification needed to qualify for diverse procurement opportunities.
- Increase participation: Facilitate internal programs that promote awareness and inclusion of diverse suppliers in all hospital opportunities.
- Outreach: Actively seek diverse suppliers through involvement with minority development organizations and participation in industry trade shows and events.