Millions of Americans don't get the sleep they need to stay healthy and live their best possible life.
Whether you can't sleep or have a problem like snoring that keeps you from waking up feeling rested, our team of sleep specialists can help.
Our Center for Sleep Disorders is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Our staff includes board-certified sleep medicine doctors, who will determine what is causing your sleep problem and how to treat it.
Common sleep disorders we diagnose and treat include:
- Sleep apnea.
- Restless legs syndrome.
What to expect from a visit with our sleep doctors
During your initial visit, you'll meet with one of our sleep doctors to discuss the problem you're having.
If you have a sleeping partner, we ask that you bring them to this visit, as they may know more about your sleep behaviors than even you do. For example, many people don't realize they snore, but their sleeping partners can attest to it.
After your evaluation, you may be given treatment, referred to a specialist outside our center or referred to our sleep lab for an overnight sleep study.
Getting a sleep study in one of our comfortable hotel sleep lab
Our hotel-based sleep labs offer a unique and comfortable experience. Customized guest rooms at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, in Kansas City, Missouri, or at Stoney Creek Hotel in Independence, Missouri provide state-of-the-art technology to allow our team to monitor sleeping patterns in a natural, comfortable setting where you can sleep normally.
At both hotels you'll find:
- Free parking.
- Exceptional surroundings.
- Easy access from your car.
- Personalized attention from your own sleep technologist.
Preparing for an overnight sleep study
Following these guidelines will help ensure that your sleep study goes well:
- Please arrive at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center by 7:30 pm. Take the elevator to the fifth floor.
- Eat dinner before arriving. Do not drink beverages containing caffeine or alcohol.
- Bring your nighttime medications and comfortable sleepwear.
- Remove makeup, artificial nails or nail polish (clear is OK). Your hair should be free of hair care products, weaves or braids. (The technologist needs to be able to access parts of your scalp.)
- Take your medications as usual, unless your doctor says otherwise.
- You may relax and watch television on the evening of your study, but it's important to stay awake until your scheduled bedtime (usually 9 to 10 pm).
- You may shower or bathe in your guest room on the morning after your sleep study.
For the benefit of all our patients, we ask that you contact us 48 hours in advance if you must cancel your sleep study.
Make an appointment with a sleep doctor
To make an appointment or for more information, please call 816.404.0848.