There's nothing more important than the well-being of our children. At Truman Medical Centers/University Health, our pediatric care teams understand.
Whether your child needs a routine checkup or treatment for an illness, we can help. You'll receive compassionate care and knowledgeable assistance from our doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants and office staff.
Our team provides a full range of general pediatric services, including:
- Routine well-child exams.
- Immunizations and vaccinations.
- Sick-child visits.
- School and sports physicals.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) evaluations.
- Screenings for vision, hearing, lead and hemoglobin.
In addition to addressing routine issues, we also care for children who have complicated illnesses and chronic conditions.
We can also refer to you specialists, if needed. And we often partner with other children's health experts, including nutritionists, lactation specialists and social workers.
Our doctors are all trained to provide expert care for both children and adults. Some are family medicine residents. Others are residents training to become dual-certified in pediatrics and internal medicine. Board-certified physicians with years of pediatric experience oversee the team.
Our doctors build lifelong relationships, and they understand how health concerns and needs change as we age. That means your child can continue to see the doctor they know and trust when they reach adulthood.
Pediatric clinic locations
We offer pediatric care at three clinics:
- The Truman Medical Center Medicine/Pediatrics (Med-Peds) Clinic in downtown Kansas City. This clinic is a partnership between Truman Medical Centers/University Health and Children's Mercy.
- The Bess Truman Family Medicine and Maternal Care Clinic at Truman Medical Center Lakewood.
- University Health Community Care Linwood. This facility adjoins the Linwood YMCA. It's a convenient neighborhood clinic that offers special services for teen moms.
To make an appointment, contact the location that's most convenient for you and your family. The goal of your child's first visit is to learn about the child and your family history. There will be a physical exam and a review of any medications. If you have a copy of your child's vaccine record, please bring it! We'll make sure everything is up-to-date. And we'll provide guidance specific to your child's age and development.
No matter which facility you choose or what health concerns you have, we are your partners in pediatric care. We look forward to seeing you soon.