We're all different—and our hormones are too. That's what makes endocrinology so complex. At Truman Medical Centers/University Health, our team of endocrinologists understands. We offer personalized care. We're your partners. We'll find the treatment that's right for you.
Conditions we treat
Endocrinology covers a variety of concerns. Our specialists help with issues like:
- Diabetes management and education.
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease.
- Thyroid cancer.
- Adrenal disease.
- Pituitary disease.
- Bone disease.
Our team includes physicians who are board-certified in endocrinology and internal medicine. We also have doctors who are specialists in specific areas like osteoporosis, weight management, thyroid disease and transgender medicine.
Many of our endocrinologists speak multiple languages, including Spanish, Russian, Armenian, Arabic and Hindi. Translation services are also available.
Our endocrinologists often collaborate with other specialists. We work with podiatry because people with diabetes can be prone to foot problems. We partner with nuclear medicine, since radioactive iodine can treat thyroid cancer. And we work with interventional radiology. This allows us to do adrenal gland sampling.
In cases where surgery is necessary, our endocrinologists partner with general surgeons and ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeons. We work together often, so we're able to perform a variety of procedures with ease. Whether you need a biopsy or the aspiration of thyroid nodules, you are in good hands.
Truman Medical Centers/University Health also educates other experts. We are a fully accredited endocrinology teaching facility. Our Endocrine Fellowship Program welcomes new physicians regularly. That means our team’s experience and expertise are always growing.
Our endocrinology locations
We offer endocrinology care at several convenient locations:
- Truman Medical Center Health Sciences District. The Diabetes and Endocrinology Center downtown is our main location. We provide state-of-the-art care in a warm and welcoming space five days a week. We also provide inpatient endocrinology services.
- University Health Community Care Linwood. Our physicians see patients at this friendly community facility on the first Friday of each month.
- Truman Medical Center Lakewood. Our specialists treat patients at the clinics where they are used to receiving care.
No matter which facility you visit, you can expect individualized care. We focus on you. And we work closely with other physicians to ensure you get the best care.
Our providers are welcoming new patients. Your physician can provide a referral to our services. No referral? No problem. Call the Diabetes and Endocrinology Center at 816.404.4070. We'll help you get the care you need at the location that works for you.