Complete Truman Medical Centers/University Health research application and obtain department and administrative approvals.
- Attach the appropriate items (study protocol, consent form, etc., listed on page 3) with the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to add any new project staff to the research application by forwarding the individual's name, along with project title (must match IRB submission title), principal investigator name, and IRB number.
Human subjects training
All researchers and study personnel must complete the CITI education course for the protection of human research subjects (Group 1-Biomedical) and renew every three years (see No. 1).
If sponsored/funded project, complete Conflict of Interest and renew every four years (see No. 3).
To avoid bias and ensure objectivity in research, researchers and staff submit a signed disclosure form for all sponsored projects to email@example.com.
Submit the project (or amendment to add additional project staff) to the UMKC Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Students and residents may contact the research support team of study coordinators for guidance on the Truman Medical Centers/University Health research application and the appropriate IRB forms for the IRB submission. ResearchSupport@tmcmed.org
In addition to required CITI course(s) listed above, unaffiliated staff must also complete the CITI Health Information Privacy and Security course. See No. 9 at med.umkc.edu/ora/human_subjects/.
- Register/complete training (annual) required by Truman Medical Centers/University Health Compliance.
- After registering, Compliance assigns the appropriate training lesson(s) to your registration.
- Complete and submit the Office of General Counsel's Confidentiality Agreement Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-medical staff and non-Truman Medical Centers/University Health employees must go through the healthcare system's onboarding process.
Please contact the onboarding specialist at email@example.com or 816.404.2523 in Human Resources for the required background check and occupational health assessment, including TB skin test and vaccine review, and attend HR orientation.
After completion of the above, the authorized requester (e.g., appropriate department manager) may request user access and a Truman Medical Centers/University Health sign-on by submitting a request to KC One (Information Services/Cerner).