Truman Medical Centers/University Health is proud to offer a variety of allied health clinical practicum opportunities for qualified students of educational institutions that currently have a signed clinical education agreement in place with us. We offer clinical practicum opportunities in the following areas:
- Medical assisting.
- Respiratory therapy.
- Art therapy.
- Dental hygiene.
- Dietetics and nutrition.
- Health information management, medical records.
- Music and recreation therapy.
- Occupational therapy assisting.
- Physical therapy assisting.
- Social work.
- Speech and language pathology.
If you have been directed to our page by the clinical coordinator at your educational institution to access the onboarding forms for your next clinical rotation, these forms follow:
- Allied Health students onboarding paperwork.
- Repeat Allied Health students onboarding paperwork.
- Student ID process.
- Students badge process.
- TB test symptom review.
- TMC employee Allied Health students onboarding paperwork.
- Example of completed paperwork.
- The school/student reaches out to a clinical instructor seeking a rotation.
- The clinical instructor agrees to take the student and introduces via email the school coordinator to the Clinical Affiliation and Compliance specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They verify a clinical affiliation agreement is in place with the school. If there is not an agreement, the Clinical Affiliation and Compliance Specialist initiates the process with the approval of leadership.
**Please note the agreement process takes time to pass through both legal departments. This cannot be performed for a student seeking quick placement.
- After the agreement is in place, the Clinical Affiliation and Compliance specialist emails the onboarding paperwork and instructions to the school coordinator.
**Please note the paperwork must be turned in 30 days in advance.
- After the Clinical Affiliation and Compliance specialist receives and reviews the completed paperwork (usually within five business days), they email the school coordinator, the student, the clinical instructor and Security to notify them of any remaining items or of the student's approval. The student may not begin at Truman Medical Centers/University Health until an email clearing the student has been sent.
- Each department determines if their students should have computer access. The individual departments are responsible for facilitating this. Attached are forms to help you collect the necessary information. The departments should also reach out to the students with any additional information, like parking, dress code, etc.
- Every student is required to have a Truman Medical Centers/University Health badge. Please have student submit the applicable badge request form to ClinicalAffiliation@tmcmed.org. The student should arrange a time with Security to pick up the badge. Security can be reached at 816.404.1918.
If you have questions, please email ClinicalAffiliation@tmcmed.org.
Elaine Harden, Security Office Coordinator
2028 Campbell Street
Kansas City, MO 64127
Mondays: 10 am to 4 pm
Tuesday through Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
Closed daily: 1 to 2 pm
Lt. Gina Morton
PSB Basement (facilities/security area)
7900 Lee's Summit Road
Kansas City, MO 64139
Mondays: 7 to 8:45 am and 2 to 3 pm
Thursdays: 9 to 10:45 am and 1:30 to 3 pm