Recipes from dietitians
Peanut butter energy protein balls
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup bran cereal
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp hemp seeds
3 Tbsp flax seeds
- Mix peanut butter, honey, and protein powder together in large bowl.
- Pour in hemp seeds, flax seed, bran cereal, oats and chocolate chips. Stir together.
- Use small amount of coconut oil on hands to roll small spoonful of mixture into hands. Create 10-12 small round energy bites for on the go fuel!
These energy bites are great for on the go, filled with protein, fiber and heart healthy omega fatty acids!
Per serving: 220 calories, 14.5 grams fat, 15.5 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams protein
Contains 20% iron DV
Power protein smoothie
1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp flax seeds
- Place all ingredients in blender, add ice as desired and blend for a delicious, satisfying smoothie!
This smoothie is filled with high protein, healthy fats and omega-3s!
Makes 1 Serving
Per Serving: 474 calories, 26 grams fat, 28 grams carbohyrates, 34.5 grams protein
Contains: 68% Calcium DV, 23% Potassium DV, 21% Iron DV
Cacao overnight oats
1/3 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp almond butter
1/2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a 1 pint Mason jar combine oats, chia seeds and almond butter. Add a splash of milk and stir nut butter into the oats. Add rest of milk and combine rest of ingredients. Stir together.
- Place in fridge overnight and enjoy the next morning! (or up to 5 days after preparation)
Recipe inspired by: https://cookieandkate.com/2017/overnight-oats-recipe/
Makes 1 Serving
Per Serving: 302 calories, 15.8 grams fat, 31.2 grams carbohyrates, 11 grams protein