Preparing to breastfeed?
If you're planning to breastfeed your new baby, having a Breastfeeding Plan can help. Missed the first part of this series? Click here!
In the hospital, you can:
- Bring someone to be with you while you're in labor.
- Tell your nurses, doctors or midwife that you are planning to breastfeed.
- Keep your baby skin to skin, next to your heart, as soon as possible after birth.
- Watch your baby find your breast and start breastfeeding.
- Hold your baby close to see your face. Babies love to look at faces!
- Ask for help if you're having trouble breastfeeding.
There is one more series of steps to help you get ready to breastfeed your baby. Click here to learn more.