Since its inception in 1972, University Health Physicians is organized for the following medical, charitable, scientific and educational purposes:
- To provide for the medically indigent and other individuals who are in need of healthcare.
- To promote, conduct and administer programs in mental health, maternal and infant care, family planning, communicable disease control, community health, accident prevention, rehabilitation, home care and other areas affecting health.
- To teach, instruct, promote and encourage disciplines involving any of the above by use of training, research and educational programs, courses of instruction and any other means.
- To employ, maintain and retain physicians, surgeons, dentists, osteopathic physicians and surgeons, and other educators and support personnel as staff for hospitals and other healthcare facilities, as faculty for medical and dental schools and for related activities.
- To do and perform any other activity that promotes physical and mental health and to support and conduct any and all activities connected with the operation of hospitals, other healthcare facilities, and educational institutions and any charitable, scientific or educational activities in any manner related thereto.
The growth and progress of University Health Physicians in Kansas City has been steady and successful since its inception. The administrative offices are housed in the Truman Medical Center Health Sciences District Center building, 2310 Holmes Street.
University Health Physicians provides quality and compassionate healthcare in an environment of academic excellence.
University Health Physicians will be the region's premier academic multi-specialty group practice.
We are a physician's corporation that promotes:
- The highest standards of healthcare for all.
- Strong partnerships with Truman Medical Centers/University Health and University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine.
- Fiscal responsibility.
- Customer focus and patient satisfaction.
- Growth of the organization.
- The contributions and skills of our professionals and employees.
- Excellence in scholarship.
- An environment of respect, collegiality and professionalism.
- Professional growth and development.
Doctors at Truman Medical Centers/University Health
As a doctor at Truman Medical Centers/University Health, you're among the best of the best. You'll discover a supportive, fast-paced environment where your life and the lives of the patients you serve are enriched. A place where care is never compromised and patients come before profits.
We're an academic medical center looking for high-caliber doctors who are committed to service, integrity and excellence to join our downtown Kansas City, Missouri, and suburban Jackson County locations.
If you are a doctor looking for a career at a place where things are done differently and what you do makes a difference, discover Truman Medical Centers/University Health.
Commitment to diversity
Truman Medical Centers/University Health is committed to being a leader in providing culturally inclusive healthcare services for patients in ways that are effective, fair, respectful and culturally competent and in providing a culturally inclusive workplace for employees. We value and celebrate our differences, which include, but are not limited to, race, ethnicity, language, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, literacy, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, mobility, abilities, veteran status and belief systems.
Truman Medical Centers/University Health is committed to promoting and supporting a healthy community. Because tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of disease and death in the United States, we do not hire people who smoke and smoking is not allowed anywhere on our campuses.