Trauma Services conducts a variety of prevention programs in
collaboration with schools, community groups and the court system
throughout the Kansas City area and with national prevention programs.
- Young Traffic Offenders Program - The Young
Traffic Offenders Program was founded in 1997 to offer Missouri
judges a new way to deter young people from speeding, drunken
driving and other related driving offenses. When young drivers, ages
15 to 24 are convicted of these types of offenses, a judge can
sentence them to attend a one-day program as part of their
- Aim 4 Peace – Aim 4 Peace is a comprehensive
public health strategy designed to reduce violence by supporting
people active in their community and by connecting residents to
- Battle of the Belt – Battle of the Belt is a
program developed to reduce the number of motor-vehicle-related
injuries and fatalities among Missouri high school students by
increasing their safety belt use.
- Medical Explorers -A program that gives high
school students a chance to explore various medical careers.
- Seat Belt Checks
- Seasonal Safety Tip of the Month
- Annual Injury Prevention Fair