Join the Friends of TMC
In 1956 a group of physician’s spouses formed the Ladies Auxiliary to General Hospital and incorporated as an organization in 1957. The purpose of the group was to provide support to the hospital through charitable donations for equipment, facility upgrades and patient needs. Another auxiliary was formed for the Jackson County Hospital in 1969. When the new Truman Medical Center Hospital Hill was built in 1976, the Jackson County Hospital became Truman Medical Center East with its own auxiliary.
- Hospital Hill Chapel
- Lakewood Cafeteria Remodel
- Hospital Hill Surgery Waiting Room renovation
- Hospital Hill Lobby renovation
- Dental Bus that visits Independence School District elementary schools
- Patient Navigator Support, Wigs and Prosthetics for Breast Cancer Patients
- Clothing for patients who are homeless or without local family
- Adopt-a-Resident program for Lakewood Long Term Care Residents
- Capital Purchase funding for medical equipment
- Support in the creation of the Lakewood Family Birth Center
- Materials for a sewing committee which makes 13,000 articles for TMC patients annually
Mail a Gift
There are many ways to support Truman Medical Centers. Whether making a financial gift, donating items or volunteering, every contribution supports our commitment to providing the very best care to our community. To donate or learn more, please call 816.404.3430.
Mail your check payable to Truman Medical Center Charitable Foundation to:
Truman Medical Center Charitable Foundation
2310 Holmes St.
Kansas City, MO 64108
Visit our Charitable Foundation website to learn more about supporting our mission -